Liver Diseases And It's Treatment
We all know that liver diseases are fast being recognized as a public health concern in India. Cirrhosis of liver and chronic liver diseases are increasing progressively as causes of mortality in India with the statistics revealing that around 10 lakh patients of liver cirrhosis are newly diagnosed every year in our country. According to World Health Organization, liver disease is the tenth most common cause of death in India accounting for 18.3 % of all cirrhosis deaths globally.
Types of liver diseases :
· Viral Hepatitis like Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, Hepatitis E
· Fatty liver disease and cirrhosis
· Liver cancer
· Bile duct cancer
· Liver cell adenoma
· Inherited liver disorders like Hemochromatosis, Hyperoxaluria, Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and Wilson’s disease
· Immune system problems like autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cholangitis, and primary sclerosing cholangitis.
· Alcohol abuse
· Drug overdoses
· Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
· Sharing needles or getting a tattoo or body piercing with nonsterile needles.
· Exposure to blood or other body fluids.
· High diabetes or cholesterol.
· Excess weight.
· Family history of liver disease.
· Exposure to toxins or pesticides.
· Jaundice – Yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes.
· Abdominal pain, swelling of the abdomen and legs.
· Bruising easily.
· Changes in the colour of the stool or urine.
· Persistent fatigue.
· Nausea or vomiting.
· Pale, bloody or black stool.
· Loss of appetite.
· Itchy skin.
· Medications – Medicines are administered for viral infections like hepatitis or heredity conditions like Wilson’s Disease.
· Lifestyle changes – having a proper diet and avoiding alcohol for fatty liver disease, limiting fat and calories while increasing fibre intake.
· Liver transplant – In case of chronic and acute liver failure, a liver transplant may be the best treatment option as it cannot be controlled with other treatments. It is also a treatment option for some people with liver cancer.
In an endeavor to provide comprehensive treatment of liver disease, Ruby General Hospital, Kolkata has partnered with Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai to start a specialty Liver Clinic followed by Liver Transplant Programme in Kolkata. The focus is on transplants and Ruby Hospital has already got the license of Kidney Transplant with an intention to start Bone Marrow and Liver Transplant very soon. Ruby Hospital is partnering with Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai as this is a renowned multi-organ transplant center having 20 years experience in liver transplant and clinical excellence. They have got a sizable and comprehensive Liver Transplant Program, having both allograft and cadaveric transplantations. For many people, who are travelling outside the state, this will be a big boon saving a lot of cost and hassle.
Throughout this post low cost colonoscopy in california, it provides me with some excellent information. The material you presented during this write-up was very useful. Keep posting.ReplyDelete